Studio Tomahawk
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot 6 Boosters Mascarade ...
Voir le deal

More information

2 participants

More information Empty More information

Message  lupin1 Ven 10 Déc - 22:55

First of all sorry for my post in english but I don't speak french....

I am really interested in this ruleset I found while browsing about FIW miniatures. I own several FIW/AWI and I am really interested in Mousequets&Tomahaws. I have This Very ground and also TFL AWI Sharp Practice system. How this system is compared to these?

Can anyone explain a little bit more about this system? Unit composition is based upon points or it is a scenario driven system? How many units and figs per units in a game? Can be used for FIW or also for AWI engagements? Are there cards for events or activations? What type of combat mechanism it uses?

There will be scenarios in the rulebook? Is there already an english version of the rulebook?

Please post some information about the system?... Many questions I would like to know about it... Wink

Thanks for your help.

lupin1

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

More information Empty Re: More information

Message  Studio Tomahawk Jeu 16 Déc - 8:40

Hi Lupin

Thanks for the interest.

I will try to be as clear and concise as possible and get M&T compared to This Very Ground and Sharp's Practice. Fortunately I owe both rulesets and played both, so I know what I'm speaking about.

Like both these games, M&T is a skirmish game. Unlike TVG it is highly playable in small formats, say with 20 figures a side. Basically, the game proposes three formats: 200pts (20ish models), 400 points, (around 40) and 600pts (well you get it now...). Combattants lists are included with the statlines for both the FIW and the AWI. As with TVG you get a lot of freedom to put any models of your collection in your force, as long as they fought alongside historically.

Once players get their force constituted, they usually use the Scenario Generator. That is what makes the BIG difference with the two afforementionned games. Simply said, through some tables, the generator will tell you what your force is supposed to do, what the terrain andclimate will look like, what are the deployments and special rules of this situation and possibly if some of your officers or characters hve some personnal "intrigues" to fulfill ie personnal goals or stories that might come up during the game. Add to that a random event table with more than 30 entries, and you get everything you need to play a scenarised game, without the need of an umpire or preparing or writing a scenario. At the start we wanted M&T playable straight out of the book. We are gamers, and we know these gaming club evenings when you want to have a game, but no scenario at hand, or no one ready to take the time or spend the energy trying to come up with something that might sometimes be disappointing because of balancing issues or that overlooked thing that just throws the scenario ou of the window! So the scenario generator was designed to be a stand-alone, offering constantly new situations and with the players just needing to draft their force list (ie an army list).

The game only uses D6 and wehave tried to keep as simple and evocative as possible. We struggled to put everything in the book, so you'll find rules for all the stuff you expect for such a game (combat, movement, weaponry), but also: artillery, buildings (putting them on fire, destroying them), all kind of movement in water either with boats or swimming, rules for weather, etc...

For the rest, I suggest you a take a look at our blog: http://mousquetstomahawks.blogspot.com/

If you scroll down the earlier entries have been written in English and it will give you a fairlygood idea on the way the game works.

Last but not least, the English version is scheduled to be released in early 2011. Hopefully February or March! At that time, we plan to open an English speaking forum.

To say that we are looking eagerly at being distributed in the English speaking countries is an under-statement. We even attended Warfare in Reading to put a demo game there!

Thanks
Cheers
Le Grand Manitou aka The Great Sleeping Sachem
Hello, I'm the Grand Manitou and I approve this message.
Studio Tomahawk
Studio Tomahawk
Admin

https://studio-tomahawk.forumgratuit.org

Revenir en haut Aller en bas